Author Topic: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]  (Read 14594 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »
Atlas
Commercial District: Val Mera Pastries
Outside Dining Area

General Vicinity: Shop patrons, pedestrians
Immediate Vicinity: Airi Fogden Bicardi, Lyra Savoy

It was noon in Atlas, though the cloud cover wasn't going to let anyone pull sun-dial shenanigans. Nevertheless, the city was bustling with the usual lunchtime rush: Airi and Lyra were very fortunate to get a table at this pastry shop. Having come from the Academy, Airi still donned her uniform with the additional of her hat to cover her ears;
 she could tell that some people could recognize her regardless of it, but luckily nobody had said anything so far.

Airi's tea was straight, though she still stirred it briefly to keep her hands busy. She looked toward the sky. "I wonder what the others are doing right now". She shrugged, took a bite of a biscuit, and followed it up with a satisfying sip of tea. Placing the cup down, her hand made a simple movement to her scroll which had been sitting next to it and tapped away. She scooted the scroll over to Lyra. "Here are some of the missions I was looking into. What do you think?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:03:20 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
Re: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
Lyra, whose cup held tea with warm milk and a little bit of sugar, shifted her body a little bit to get a better view at what Airi was showing her.  It was a pretty standard list of search and destroy, reconnaissance, etc.  "These seem all pretty standard.  Though I suppose the point is experience and not adventure-seeking," she said.  Lyra continued, "I don't think there is anything here that has particularly caught my eye, is there anyone for you?"  Lyra took a sip of her tea.  "You know, if the other two on our team are taking a break and relaxing, maybe we should just do the same."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:42:03 AM »
"Preparing for future can bring peace of mind. For example," Airi carefully took back her scroll and tapped away again before pushing it back over to Lyra's side of the table while still maintaining a hand on it, "the missions I've highlighted in white are those that take us to or nearby the legendary Hotsprings Inn up in the mountains, and these take us to basically the middle of nowhere," she said as she scrolled up and down with a sole finger. "You'd be surprised at how unprepared people can be and how tripped up they can get when faced with the unexpected".

She returned the scroll to her side of the table and killed the screen. "But perhaps you're right. It doesn't always hurt to indulge in the 'now' every so often". Airi took another sip of her tea, this time taking an extra moment to enjoy it more thoroughly.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
"Oh," commented Lyra.  She took a closer look at the highlighted ones.  "The Hotsprings Inn one doesn't sound bad.  What is it about.  Are their Grimm terrorizing the resort spot?"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »
'Not exactly terrorize. The inn is rather far up the mountain and fairly isolated from both people and Grimm. But every now and then, one does wander by, and when that happens, they like to have some extra guards outside of those they've permanently hired on hand just in case things get worse than expected. For the days that we'd be staying there, our boarding would be free-of-charge in exchange for our services all the while learning how to adapt and fight in that environment with the help of the local guards. I suppose you could say it's closer to a field trip than an actual mission." Airi clasped her hands together and rested her chin upon them. She looked at Lyra, then accompanied by a slight head turn, she briefly attempted to catch a glance of her hair before turning back to Lyra with a slight huff from exiting her nostrils and looked directly into her violet eyes.

"I don't think I tell you enough how beautiful your hair is," Airi said, a modest smile blossoming upon her face.

Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »
"Well, that doesn't sound so bad," commented Lyra, responding to Airi's description of the mission by the Hotsprings Inn.  "Is there a special event going on that caused them to decide that they wanted to have more people apart from the full-time guards they have already hired?" she asked.  Lyra tried to look more at Airi's scroll, but any further information required scrolling down, and Lyra refrained from doing so on her own - it was basic electronic device courtesy, after all.

Upon hearing Airi's compliment on her hair, Lyra was caught off guard.  It was very out of the blue.  "Oh...thank you," responded Lyra, taking a small bit of hair and playing with it timidly in a somewhat nervous display.  She looked at Airi's smiling face and returned to twirling the bit of her hair.  "D-do you have any preference between the two missions?"

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 01:47:00 AM »
Sovereign thoroughly enjoyed the wind, zooming pass him as he ran through the alleyways and the streets. With his newfound vigilante outfit, and a flowing scarf trailing behind him, he's starts to patrol the streets once more. His most recent outing has left him somewhat injured, but Sovereign could deal with some of the leftover pain.

Briefly turning on the upcoming corner, he bumped into a uniform that was alarmingly familiar. Not exactly the good familiar too, as it was a gang's signature uniform. Before anyone knew what happened, Sovereign grabbed the person and threw them onto the ground as hard as he could. Surprisingly, they quickly recovered with a punch to Sovereign's torso before running off. In a grunt of pain, Sovereign held his chest as he starts to take off after the villain.

Sovereign must've looked strange with his visor and scarf as he chased the villain around another corner. As Sovereign was a huntsman-in-training, the gangster stood no chance in escaping. With a great yell, Sovereign made his presence clear to nearby bystanders, "I got you now villain! Citizens, get out of the way!" Slamming his fists down onto the concrete, ice forms from his fingertips, creating a path of ice from his fingertips to the gangster. Said path of ice captures the gangster, fully enclosing him in ice. Any bystanders quickly got out of the way from the ice trail, thus only capturing the gangster.

With a pained sigh, Sovereign sat down at the curb outside some pastry shop. He really should not have pushed himself too hard, since he's aware that some masked vigilante sitting on the curb would look strange.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »
General Vicinity: Shop Patrons, Pedestrians, +Frozen Gangster
Immediate Vicinity: Airi Fogden Bicardi, Lyra Savoy, +Sovereign LeBlanc

"Perhaps we can take the easy road when we deserve it, like after passing the midterm exams," Airi took a nibble of her biscuit, minding her manners as she waited to speak again,"As of now, while I wouldn't take missions out in the barren wastelands exactly, I certainly wouldn't mind something of a challenge". She looked down at her reflection upon the tea she was slowly stirring. "I just can't afford-".

A sudden commotion snapped off the remainder of her sentence. Airi's head shot up, looking past Lyra to see two figures running through the crowded streets, one yelling in a pleasingly-familiar yet unfortunately-disappointing voice, before the one who was being chased was suddenly encased in a tomb of ice. The perpetrator, dressed in disappointingly-familiar clothing then plopped down nearly right in from of her and Lyra.

The bystanders, once frozen as the chase was occurring, were now melting away their silence. What began as murmurs turned into full-on conversations in no time. Meanwhile, Airi places both hands atop the table, stood up with a humph, and leaned over the smaller railing that separated the dining area from the street. She placed her head next to Sovereign's, and in a hushed voice that could only be heard by those nearby she said, "What in Brothers' names were you thinking?! Firing off Dust on a crowded street? Encasing someone in ice? Are you trying to get someone killed today? Again"?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:13:23 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
Sovereign felt a sharp pain in his left arm, but that was overshadowed by the very familiar voice. That very same voice had sent chills down his when he heard how angry she sounded. As if it was an instinct trained into him, Sovereign can feel the excuses on the tip of his tongue in order to save himself from the dangers he is currently in. In order to not reveal his alter ego, Sovereign metaphorically bit his tongue so that he would not shout. Sovereign held his left arm with his right to make sure it does not move in a painful way, before whispering back to Airi, ”I had it under control, and I even yelled a warning.”

Sovereign turned back to the frozen gangster, wondering if he should include Airi in this mission of his. Cringing as pain in his left arm flared up, Sovereign seems to have made up his mind as he starts shuffling towards the frozen gangster at a really slow pace in order to get his message to Airi, ”I’m gonna see if I can get this frozen gangster to talk and take down a lair or two. Join me if you want!” As Sovereign got close to the frozen statue, he quickly swiped the screen on his gauntlet, using his fire dust to slowly melt the gangster out of his icy tomb.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 02:59:54 AM »
Lyra stood a fair distance from behind Airi and the masked man sitting on the street.  She leaned her head to try to get a better look at the man, but she couldn't really see much, nor could she hear anything that the two were whispering between themselves.  Slowly, Lyra walked up behind Airi.  "Airi, do you know this man?" she asked in her typical soft, almost emotionless-sounding voice.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »
"I know of him, and I'm sure most of the people here know of him as well," Airi said, her head turning back toward Sovereign. "He's a 'vigilante' who sprung up about a month ago," she took a step pack and leaned in on one of Lyra's ears, "I'm sure you can recall the rumors from around that time". Airi returned to a normal stance. "We better make sure he doesn't do anything else idiotic". She signed and stood nearby Sovereign.

"Here's the deal: This man better be out of this ice in three minutes, no more. Talk to him all you like until then, but at the end, he goes free. And to make sure you don't do something so reckless again, we, or I, will be supervising you for the rest of the day. Deal? Deal". She gave him no option to decline.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »
Sovereign frowned at Airi’s deal, but he is going to have to deal with it because he’s pretty sure Airi will hurt him if he messes up. Instead of trying to negotiate or talk her out of his deal, Sovereign decided to just go with it and places his gauntlet on the frozen gangster’s chest. Flames appear to burst out of his gauntlet. It would seem like it would be too much and harm the frozen statue, but instead, it slowly melted the statue. Sovereign was a few seconds into this process until he had a great idea. He quickly redirected the flames, starting to melt the areas where the gangster’s pockets would be. Ignoring the tingling feeling, he managed to get those areas free and started to search the pockets.

By doing so, he felt two important things (what he deemed important anyways), a piece of paper and a wallet. Quickly swiping the lien from the wallet and hiding it in his gauntlet, Sovereign fished out the piece of paper from the gangster’s back pocket. Unfolding it, Sovereign’s eyes widened behind his mask before returning to Airi. In an excited whisper, he quickly told Airi what he learned, ”I must’ve frozen a newbie, because he has a literal map to where the gang is! We should go and take them down while they don’t know that we know!”

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
"Gang?  What gang?" asked Lyra in her perpetually placid voice.  "and what do we know?"  Lyra and Airi had been discussing possible missions just earlier, but it seems that the two had been suddenly roped into one by this strange man.  Furthermore, Airi said he was a vigilante, which made Lyra cautious as to whether they should be associating with this individual.  "What's going on?" she whispered to Airi.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »
Airi leaned toward Lyra and missed any monkey nusiness Sovereign may have done with his hands. "Sorry to drag you into this. This miscreant is Sovereign LeBlanc who dropped out of the academy a few weeks ago. I'm going to make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble".

She turned back to Sovereign, hands on hips. "Are you sure this isn't just a trap to lure you in?"
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »
Sovereign thought about what Airi told him, and it seems that what she said got to his head. However, the childish grin on his face clearly states that he didn't really care as he'll probably just smash all their faces into the ground anyways. "That is a good point, but I'll be able to beat them anyways!" After stating what's on his mind, Sovereign went back to melting the ice off of the frozen gangster. While that was being done, Sovereign seemed to wait for what more Airi has to say before he starts to venture off onto another journey to defeat the evil in this city.