Author Topic: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 2: Ayaka Miyamoto vs. Catalina Glenn  (Read 8798 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 2: Ayaka Miyamoto vs. Catalina Glenn
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 07:09:41 AM »
     With the gnat still stuck on her like some desperate leech, Ayaka exerted more effort on her semblance and burst out of the grab with a concussive explosion from her free arm, damaging her aura in the process due to the proximity (-2). Wriggling it forward, she slipped it between her own body and Catalina's torso and let out a powerful burst strong enough to knock her out of the grab by force as she simultaneously spun to meet the anticipated shot from behind with her sword but failing to fully deflect it and taking a nick to her arm (-6).

Still in midair, she redirected her fall and landed for one of the shanties laying about, using her wires to catch on a few planks and slowing her descent dramatically. She felt the taxation on her stamina already, due to the consecutive damage she received, but she was still more than strong enough to keep fighting, she didn't train every day for nothing!

She knew now that her opponent had some versatile aura of some sort. Freely moving, freely shaping, almost as if it were a disgusting slime. That would only really be an issue however if she let herself be grabbed again, and at this point she would make sure that wouldn't happen. Catalina had a slow fire rate, didn't seem like much of a melee fighter, and a sneak most of all. Luckily it seemed like he was veering towards the river, a much more open area, so she went ahead and anticipated his fall and started closing the distance once again.

Aura - 72%

[Attacks - Concussive Push 2-3%]

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:17 AM »
Cat's grab is slipping after spending all those struggles to get her, and the Semblance burst is the last straw breaking Ayaka away from Cat.

Still in midair and continuing to drift towards the river, helped by the decreased weight and a push, he successfully landed on the other side of the river and is seeing Ayaka rushing at him already. It's not that likely she'd fall for it but he hoped she would just cross the river normally, essentially giving him an easy win. It's not easy to get her too fall for it, but he did run a few scenarios in his mind using his limited time and temporarily limited brain power.

Time is running out quickly and he decided on one of the tactics, hoping he didn't miss something obvious that make his plan fall apart like the house back there. Regardless, Cat took out the rest of his Dust and concentrated for a big use of his semblance, although he still walks around to intercept wherever Ayaka is using to cross the river.

Combat stats:
Aura: 67.33(repeating)% (-2.66% from burst; Damage adjusted for lower Aura)
Ammo for Take That!: 15/20 shots of piercing rounds loaded/1 magazine of piercing rounds/1 magazine of explosive rounds/5 shocking rounds/5 heating rounds/5 freezing round
Dust: 0% Fire/100% Earth/25% Lightning/100% Ice
Semblance: 52%

Action:
Intercepting Ayaka, Concentrating for Semblance
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 08:27:55 AM »
     Ayaka sprinted, covering distance as easily as she could before reaching the river. Catching sight of her opponent, she charged her blade and hung back for a moment instead of blindly charging in.

Water plus all that lightning dust would spell a disaster for should she fall into it. But given its size, and the size of the arena, it wouldn't actually be as conductive as real river water, or even worse, briney water.

Coming from Mistral Ayaka had her shares of rivers and waterfalls and frequent rains. Unfortunately she never did become a strong swimmer, but given the tiny size that wouldn't be an issue at all.

Spotting her opponent, Ayaka kept her blade in its sheath and tilted her head in annoyance. What was he planning this time? Given his state he looked a bit worse for wear. Possibly due to his semblance. That gave her an idea.

With her fighting style, Ayaka usually relied on one blade, sometimes two, to overwhelm her opponent. Powerful strikes and rushes were her preference, and relentless assault her forte. Though aggressive, Ayaka was not dumb. She had fought brutes that thought they were the best thing in the world because of strength, and schemers who claimed to know everything but couldn't lift a finger in a fight. For the brute, play smarter, for the schemer, hit harder. But what for a pesky bird?

With her blade still charging, Ayaka leapt over the river in one bound, using a burst from her semblance to propel her upwards, and let loose a large scatter of wires from her spool. Silver shone in the sun as the sharpened lines of reinforced, yet flexible, steel shot forwards towards the ground and several broken buildings behind the river, all around Catalina's location, half a dozen in number. In the next motion, she landed past the water and snapped the wires taut. They attempted to snare her opponent with one fell swoop, from distance, and soon from close range.

Aura:72%
Attacks: half-dozen snare - 4% from multiple wires snapping into place. Attempting to wrap.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2018, 02:34:10 AM »
She didn't fall for it. Not bad. Not that Catalina can't get her now, she is still very much in range of Catalina's wires. Then Ayaka jumped, and the silvery tip of the metal wires was stopped in their tracks by a blanket that Cat prepared to trap Ayaka in, one meter long by one meter wide but only 0.025 centimeters thick. The front ones, anyway, and he had to let the ones flung from his sides capture him in the waist. Ignoring that and just running forward, he ran as fast as he can to where she is going to land.
(Snare attempt granted by Xar.)
It turns out she boosted specifically to get ahead of him and she managed to land right outside his reach. However, it doesn't stop him from trying to cover her in the blanket that he had already conjured, electricity still coursing through it. On the other, free hand, Cat took a hold of the wires that were stopped by the blanket.

It is clear that Ayaka fits her place of the quarterfinalist well, she presses like a juggernaut, dodges like the floating leaf and moves with all the spontaneity of a loaded spring. But with the sheer amount of versatility behind him, he is going to make her stay at just that, a quarterfinalist.

Combat stats:
Aura: 62.88(repeating)% (-4.44% from wires; Damage adjusted for lower Aura)
Ammo for Take That!: 15/20 shots of piercing rounds loaded/1 magazine of piercing rounds/1 magazine of explosive rounds/5 shocking rounds/5 heating rounds/5 freezing round
Dust: 0% Fire/100% Earth/25% Lightning/100% Ice
Semblance: 2200 cm^3

Action:
Attempting to snare Ayaka, taking her wires(combined 7% from lightning dust)
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:35 AM »
     Ayaka bolted as soon as she saw the aura blanket. Crackling with electricity, she wanted no repeat of the previous exchange and be rid of further grabs. Unfortunately that almost meant abandoning the trapped wires.

With a flick of her blade, Ayaka severed the wires caught in the blanket, letting them snap towards Catalina like whips, and angled away from the front to get better use of the ones left behind.

Charging her blade again, Ayaka sheathed her blade and kept her distance preparing for her next series of attacks.

Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 08:44:08 AM »
Yeah, figured it wouldn't be that easy. It's ok though, she lost the tip of her wires and her close-up.  Unfortunately, the wires at the sides are still connecting the two of them and prevent him from simply disengaging. Well then, just go the other direction and push for the attack. But Cat would definitely be outmatched by his specialized opponent, so he has to have a plan. He has one.

After dismissing his blanket he took his weapon back out, transformed it to hammer form, then filled it with his ice dust, of course done behind his back. Seeing what could only be a charge in progress, he retreated to the maximum distance the wire allows and focusing to dodge.

Combat stats:
Aura: 62.88(repeating)%
Dust: 0% Fire/100% Earth/25% Lightning/0% Ice

Action: Filling ice dust, backing off

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 05:48:57 AM »
     Ayaka held on to her wires as Catalina backed off, not giving much slack for him to move. The wires attached to his waist meant he'd be able to move sideways, but not backwards much. That was enough.

Shooting the ends of her spool to ground the trapped wires, Ayaka then begun tracing the line with her finger. The wires held firm, and her blade kept charging, all that was left was to release all that energy.

She knew next to nothing about her opponent. Personality-wise at least. She only learned what she can from their clashes. A coward, a schemer, maybe even a bit tactical, but nothing told her why he fought. Ayaka found constant running annoying, cowardly even to an extent, especially when against a supposed equal. Underhanded schemes disgusted her, but she had to admit they had their uses. Unfortunately she'd rather do without.

Walking towards Catalina, Ayaka kept distance just a few meters away. Her left hand ever so slightly on the wires that pulled taut on her opponent, and her right resting on the hilt of her blade. She paused, despite her semblance flowing into her blade, and spoke. "Why do you fight?" She asked, her eyes judging, "From what little I can tell I have no reason to respect what I see. A coward, a schemer, and not even a good one at that. You fight as if expecting everything to fall in place but I see no strength behind your actions." She wasn't buying time, she had more than enough charge to deal a hefty blow. She didn't care about raw strength more than she did technique, so why did she talk? "Whatever your answer I'll tell you this. You are but another step towards my goal. A rough stone on my path. Win or lose, you have not earned my respect with what you've shown."

She wanted to cut him down right then and there but she held. She could at least allow a reply, besides, she had the swallow in her cage and could draw her blade in a split second. "Anything you'd like to say? Stone?"

Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 07:38:09 AM »
This one is not going to be easy to get out of. If she won't allow some distance, then just move the other way and get closer: the closer they are the more each bit of movement is worth. There's another thing he wishes to address with closing in, which is made obvious by the fact that he is wrapping her wires on her hands.

She asked an important question, Cat has almost forgotten about that. What did he fight for? He fought for equality, that people to be treated similarly and viewed only by their accomplishments and not by anything else, most relevantly not by race, sex or age. And if we're being witty, that includes fighting style as well. Or not, since fighting style has a great impact on your build and the proficiency of different attributes that are all important when determining the skills of a huntsman(-in-training). Point is, it doesn't make a world of difference to him whether she respected him with what he had shown. He'll just get to him, and then his more private reason will start to matter. He doesn't plan on telling that to Ayaka though. And he would've loved to tell her all about equality but for now, "I'll answer once I dodge that charged hit of yours."

Combat stats:

Action: Buying time to get closer

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »
"Then I guess I won't be getting an answer." Ayaka couldn't help but scoff to hide her disappointment. This far into the tourney and that was all he had to say? Pathetic, and as she thought he was nothing but a stone- no, a pebble in her path.

With the short respite that she got she was ready for another wave of attacks and her hand itched to let loose her blade. It was evident that her opponent was buying time. Evident that he needed a set-up for his attacks. But no matter how long he waited, how long he schemed, there was a difference between fighting, and simply playing a game.  To Ayaka this was no game.

Energy rippled through Swallow's Bane, humming like a fine tuned string, begging to be released, singing for freedom. The power, just like her motivations, came from her and her alone. She relied on no one, not even her team, and she believed that if she failed, no matter that cause, it would be on her and her actions alone.
Just a little longer, Ayaka thought, caressing the handle of her blade. Just a little while more. The moment would present itself and she'll end the fight as swiftly as she would a swallow in the wind.

Aura:72%

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:33:59 PM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
Inches by inches Cat is getting closer, but the charge in her blade is getting proportionally stronger. It wouldn't matter though, at least if his plan worked, and the closer they are the better. But he isn't rendered completely passive. There's one obvious option here.

Standing only just out of reach, no more than a couple of meters away from the source of instadeath, he raised his hammer, made it a rifle and pulled the trigger aiming at her torso. With less than his rifle's length remaining she would most likely have to block it.

But honestly... while Cat is not out of tricks yet, he feels like something is lacking. It's as if 50% brain power for no reason. What's wrong with this?

Combat stats:

Action: Shot to the torso(9%)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 06:58:25 AM »
     It felt dangerous, holding this much energy. Rarely did Ayaka ever get to reach these levels of charge with her blade to the extent where she wasn't even sure if it was still safe to unleash. At these levels, at this situation, what could possibly happen if she struck at full force?

A shot rang and Ayaka didn't have time to think any further. She rushed forwards and took the shot to her pauldron, shrugging off the damage to her aura then closed the distance in flash at optimal cutting distance..

"Now fall." Ayaka was one with her blade and attacked.

Light shone through her sheath and energy hummed as her blade left its confines, crackling with energy and searing hot with sealed aura. In that very instant, a single draw cut, Ayaka unleashed her semblance with enough cutting power to destroy most in it's way. The slash emanated as quickly as it was drawn, and with Catalina's seemingly dull gaze Ayaka was sure it would hit. Defended or not, the attack would leave its mark and she would claim victory.

Aura - [63%]
Attacks: [4 turn charged semblance attack - 60% - Traveling] (Could technically hit for more under certain circumstances)

Students

Professors

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
Alright, the moment of truth. We are closing in on each other, and she is clearly going to swing. There's one chance he can do this.

Cat ran backwards, letting loose the wires he gathered on his hand in the process, as the white energetic arc approaches. He could not outrun it entirely, but he only needs some more time. As the slash gets closers Cat took one last look at it and counted down on the arrival. In 3... 2... 1... Cat jumped above and backwards, crossing over the slice like a high jump athlete. But like an athlete his moves aren't always perfect, so he did get clipped on his leg.

With no time to waste to take advantage of her exhaustion, Cat quickly rushed himself back to Ayaka, attempting to tackle her to the ground. This should be perfect for pulling a Smokey on her.

Combat stats:
Aura: 47.88(repeating)% (1/4 damage from slice)
Ammo for Take That!: 14/20 shots of piercing rounds loaded/1 magazine of piercing rounds/1 magazine of explosive rounds/5 shocking rounds/5 heating rounds/5 freezing round

Action: Tackle to the ground(2% plus potential faceplant)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:57:54 PM by Siuwa »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 06:25:48 AM »
Ayaka wins.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade