Author Topic: Crème de la Crème [CLOSED]  (Read 6205 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: Crème de la Crème [CLOSED]
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 08:43:03 AM »
Coco's initial attack made contact, but the second was deflected by Prism's glaive. That being the case, he was expecting immediate retalitation. The boy let his sword fall, planting it into the ground in front of himself to block the oncoming slash. The boy had made progress, however, as he was now applying pressure - and he didn't plan on stopping.

His blade wasn't in a position for a proper slash and had to be moved. In that moment, Coconut decided to go for a risky move - those were very much his forte. He kept his left hand grasping on the hilt of his blade, spinning himself around clockwise with his right elbow out. The initial spin was unlikely to do much, though he did extend his fist in case he would catch Prism off-guard. The real blow came after as he pulled his sword along, aiming for a loose, wide swing at his opponent. It was a bit slower than his regular attacks, but the momentum from the spin had allowed Coco to exert himself a bit less.

(Spinning jab - 3%, Spinning slash - 10%)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [███-------] 35%
  Aura: [█████████-] 92%
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:48:16 AM by Walter »
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »
Prism doesn't manage to intercept the incoming fist, unsuspecting of the first attack - but she does manage to catch the second as she hops backwards with a wave of her wings to put more distance between her and Coconut. The sound of metal-on-metal sings out again, and she's left stumbling backwards slightly before she catches herself with the force from the attack.

Unable to bring her blade down again, she employs a different strategy - bringing the butt of the staff down to jab him in the thigh, hopefully getting him to recoil and give her the proper room to launch an offensive attack - but if he doesn't, she's stuck - and now he has an opening.

Combat Log:
Jab w/ Staff (5%)

Prism's Combat Stats:
Aura: 89%
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:22:13 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:34:50 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 02:05:35 AM »
Coconut's slash had missed its mark, the jab not doing enough damage to warrant any celebration. Her stumble might give him an opening, though. He pulls OTN back with both hands, holding it so that the tip of the blade is facing Prism. He makes no effort to dodge or block the strike aimed at his thigh - truth be told, he didn't realize that's what the girl was going for. His leg is sent back, but that's irrelevant for the time being as he thrusts his blade forward, going for a strike which would work well to impale an ursa.

(Stab - 10%)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [███-------] 30%
  Aura: [████████--] 87%
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »
The jab contacts.

Prism gives a small hrrk, stumbling backwards once again at the sudden jab - just catching her footing before she falls. There's a grin on her face however, giving Coconut a rewarding grin. "That's my favorite swordsman!"

She doesn't relent after that - after her footing is back, Prism dashes forwards again, trying not to give him any time to recover. She's aimed off to his right, going in for a low blow - but what he needs to catch is the fact it's actually a feint, because right as she sweeps past him, she brings the glaive around and aims the staff towards his legs, working to sweep his feet out from underneath him.

Combat Log:
Tripping Feint (6%)

Prism's Combat Stats:
Aura: 79%
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:33:33 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 05:05:23 AM »
Favorite swordsman? Nice!

Prism gives Coco little time to appreciate the compliment, though. His leader goes for an attack from his right, an obvious one at that. Coco moves his blade to block it, only to find that it was, in fact, a feint. Shit.

The boy is unexpectedly knocked off of his feet, landing on his back. OTN had fallen flatly beside him. Cream was starting to feel the burn, and Prism continued to outpace him. It was time to bring out the big- well, small guns.

The boy rolled to the side to avoid further attacks, all the while grabbing OTN in both hands. The boy twisted the sword's pommel to return it to its primary form and a nasty screetch escaped the weapon as he did. He winced - the weights had stopped the weapon from transforming properly, though they had now fallen off. One of the spring-loaded blades had snapped off entirely. Crap.

Even so, the boy scrambled up on his feet, shortsword in hand. He prepared to defend once more, hoping that the mechanism wasn't that fucked.

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [███-------] 30%
  Aura: [████████--] 81%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 12:53:22 PM »
Coco's response is quick - good. Scrambling to the side before she manages to follow through with a counterattack, Prism watches carefully as he goes to turn his sword back into it's primary form, watching the blades retract - but wait, it still had the weights on it, why didn't he- Prism's face turns from confusion to disbelief and disappointment as a piece of the blade hits the ground with a small clank. "Amane, put in a general repairs order for the blacksmith you were just talking to. It looks like we're going to need it."

Prism tries not to let him him recover too much. Her glaive has a much bigger range than his short sword does, and she tries to play off her strengths, leaping forward with a flurry of quick slashes, staying just out of range. If he wants to attack, he'll need to find a way to close the distance.

Combat Log:
Quick Slashes x5 (3% each, as many as you want connect)

Prism's Combat Stats:
Aura: 79%

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:20:36 AM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 04:27:34 AM »
Figuring out the damage done to his weapon would have to wait until after the match. Coconut was prepared for Prism to attack again, yet he was at an even worse range disadvantage than before - something he had forgotten to take into account. While he managed to parry the first strike, the second attack was able to connect. By the third attack, he had figured something out.

The boy parried the attack again, but rather than immediately repositioning his blade to guard himself again, he pushed back against the glaive, moving towards Prism. Cream had to keep OTN pressed against the glaive for this to work, leaving him no choice but to attack with his free hand again - even so, if he could close the distance he'd gain the upper hand.

(Punch - 4%)
Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [██--------] 27%
  Aura: [███████---] 76%
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:27:41 AM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:03 PM »
As Coconut presses on, there's a slight twist to Prism's face. Despite meeting Coconut with equal force, he was stronger than her - and it shows as she needs to take a step, then two backwards to avoid being toppled. Her grip as on the lower half of the staff, and she couldn't risk sliding it higher to get a better grip without bringing them even closer.

Time to change things up. She needed more space.

Prism stops trying to press back, dropping the glaive and whirling around completely, trying to spin into his personal space with her back facing him. This plan wasn't without risks, he could grab her if he was fast enough, or still jump out of the way - but if he couldn't he'd find a pair of fast-moving feathery wings, faintly shimmering white, slamming directly into his chest.

Combat Stats:
Aura-Enhanced Wing Blow (5%), 2.5% if clipped with one wing)

Prism's Combat Stats:
Aura: 74%
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:29:22 PM by Moth »

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 11:13:05 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:44:42 AM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
Prism dropping the glaive came as a surprise to the boy, as did the following spin. Coconut tried to back off and weave out of the way, but his left side took the full brunt of the blow, launching him back again. If his sword had remained in its larger form, he could've used it to stop himself, but it was too late to think about that.

Cream tumbled backwards, but was up on his feet soon enough. He had to close the distance between them before she'd get a hold of Hawk's Eye. He doubted she'd fall for the same parry trick tiwce. With his face drenched in sweat, Coco charged ahead, keeping himself low in case she tried her wing move again. He went for a stab with OTN aimed at her abdomen, hoping an attack with a smaller contact area would be able to get past her defenses. Or, rather, that's what a someone with a sense for strategy might consider - in Coconut's case, he was starting to feel the burn in his arms. He was getting really bloody tired.

(Stab - 7%)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [██--------] 22%
  Aura: [███████---] 71%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
Coconut's stumble gave Prism enough time to whirl back around in response to face Coconut, raising the glaive once again with the blade held high. His stab to the abdomen was a smart move, Prism couldn't lie - but unfortunately for her, Prism was still faster, and she managed to sidestep the dodge with a flap of her wings, twirling on the ball of her foot with a boost from her wings to deliver another downwards slash towards Coconut's left.

Attack Log:
Downswipe (5%)

Prism's Combat Stats:
Aura: 74%

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 09:04:58 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 02:13:24 AM by . »