Author Topic: Dumb Mistakes and Dumber Misadventures [Private]  (Read 5570 times)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Dumb Mistakes and Dumber Misadventures [Private]
« on: September 01, 2017, 09:32:54 PM »
Juno glared down the sight of his new rifle as he waited for the simulation to begin, adjusting ever so slightly as he looked down the sight. Ever since the incident on Amity, he had been tasked with extra firearms practice, thanks to Nahualli's account of the situation. She didn't hear him call for help after the shot triggered Acero's grenades. Yes, the incident was labelled as an accident, but apparently that didn't mean jack. His old rifle had also been destroyed by another student during that particular exercise, further causing the young man to question the TA's competence in terms of teaching and interaction with students. And that wasn't even getting into the mess with Phi...

Yeah, he was still bitter about it, but he was beginning to understand where the TA was coming from. He hadn't kept Phi that much of a secret, and hadn't taught her what not to say. Not to mention that showing up to a worldwide tournament wearing bleeding edge powered armor was among the most ill advised decisions anyone had made within the past decade. Wasn't something he could undo, either, since he had gained both a mild following and a massive internet, and on occasion, real life hatedom for his victory against golden boy Jack Pettibone and his moving on to the semifinals. Someone was bound to take interest in his armor and tech at some point.

His attention flicked back to the range as the training program started once more, the hall occupied, but not cluttered with students practicing forms, working out, running drills and the like. This was the fifth time that day that he had worked on that program, and the fifteenth day since the extra instruction had become mandatory for his progression into second year. It was monotonous at this point. Targets would make themselves apparent, and he would shoot them down almost immediately. The new gun wasn't too different from his old one, as it was simply a newer model that saw frequent use in the Atlesian armed forces. The weight was more evenly balanced, which took a bit of getting used to, but he picked up on it relatively quickly with frequent use. As he shot the last target down, Juno glanced to the rest of the hall, relaxing his stance as Phi pulled up stats comparing his most recent performance with previous ones.

Gods, if he could find an excuse to get out of repeating the same damn program five more times, he would have used it already.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Mistakes and Dumber Misadventures [Private]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:09 PM »
This was such a stupid idea. Why would she ever come to a place like this. All she could do was swing a sword. But Mira had insisted. The giant faunus sighed and unslung her massive blade from her back. She had already done the preliminary checks on her blade. The vents were clear. The dust was filled. And it was polished to a mirror sheen. And yet she still felt uncomfortable about this whole situation. She was just as deadly without her sword. But without it she just felt....naked. It was just as much a part of her as the clothing she wore. But as Mira said. She could kill pretty much anything with enough practice. Such a massive piece of metal would be a burden for most, but it felt natural in her hand. "Alright....Let's give this a shot"

Mithra put her left leg forward, the right leaning into a powerful lunging stance. Her semblance flared to life as both of her right arms gripped the hilt of her blade. She quietly scanned the moving targets in front of her, waiting for the right moment to strike as many as possible. She became completely unaware of the other students firing around her as he eyes narrowed. Without warning she sprung forward, activating every jet on her blade at once. The massive blade belched fire as her massive arms flung it with all the strength she could muster. She always wanted to name her attacks. And this seemed like the perfect time. As the massive weapon rocketed away from her hand, she cried out. "Burn with the flames of my eternal spirit! Rage of the Giantess!!"

Her massive greatsword flew at such a speed even she had trouble keeping up with its movements. It tore through every target it touched. The roaring flames burning anything that wasn't immediately shredded. Her joy was short lived as the blade kept going, all the way through the target range. And further beyond. She winced as she heard the wall at the end shatter. "Oh no..."

Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:42:06 PM »
With round five out of the way, Juno prepared himself for round six, gun at the ready and eyes on where he knew the first target would show up. With a simple command, the timer counted down, giving him ample time to raise the rifle and prepare to fire... only for what seemed to be a jet propelled slab of straight up iron to tear through all of the dummies before him, ripping them apart before continuing to the far wall of the complex, destroying all of the firing ranges in its wake.

Welp. There was his excuse.

A moment passed before he, and several other attendants turned their gaze toward the culprit, who just so happened to be the tallest person in the room. By a longshot. The majority of the students present could barely stand at the height of her chest, let alone look the faunus in the eye. Juno could have even sworn that he saw a few students reflexively back up on sight. However, Juno was grateful. Without a range, there was no reason for him to have to stay. Seeing as how the giantess had just launched her weapon across the room, someone would have to get it back to her.

Juno couldn't help but chuckle as he passed by his gawking peers, slinging the rifle on his lower back as he approached the crater the sword had made. A tug barely seemed to move it, which was expected, given the sheer size and proportions of the weapon. Nevertheless, Juno was not one to leave a deed unfinished. Rubbing his hands together, Juno gripped the blade, his purple aura flaring about him as he activated his semblance. He had a limited amount of time, sure, but this shouldn't take long. Hoisting the sword over his shoulder, Juno began his trek across the hall back to the giantess... only to realize he was going to run out of time halfway across. Knowing that the sword on its own was heavy, Juno let the blade contact the ground and turned toward the sword as his semblance dropped, gripping the handle with both hands as he began to drag the weapon to its owner, realizing that given his current position, lifting the weapon back up would be ill advised.

This was going to be harder than he thought.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:38:20 AM »
Mithra suddenly felt her face flush red as everyone turned to look at her. This is exactly what she wanted not to happen. People were already scared of her because of her impressive height. She didn't want them to think she was a destructive monster as well. She felt her hands clench without her prompting. Her heart raced faster and faster as she waited for someone to say something.

Luckily for her, she was saved by another student going over to retrieve her sword for her. She honestly felt a bit bad as she saw him struggle for it. Even if he was doing a better job than most would, he still looked a little pathetic. However she wasn't going to disregard a kind gesture. With a warm smile she walked over to the young man and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Thank you very much. Though I can handle it from here." With near no effort she took the blade from his grip and hefted it over her shoulder. She shook a bit of debris off her blade. "Sorry. That was rude. I'm Mithra by the way!" She grinned down at the boy and held out her hand. "Thanks for bringing me my blade."

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »
Juno paused as he felt something on his shoulder, turning his head to find the blade's owner looking down upon him. He hadn't expected, from her imposing size, for her to be so jovial, but her attitude was far from unwelcome. However, he was stunned as she effortlessly hefted the blade over her shoulder, carrying it as though it were like a normal sword as she held out her hand.

Mithra. That was a name he would be hard pressed to forget.

Still slightly shocked from her casual display of strength, Juno held out a hand of his own, grasping hers and shaking it. "I'm Juno... Juno Vert." he replied, his eyes shifting to her sword. "How much does that thing weigh?"

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »
Mithra smiled and shook the boy's hand. She couldn't help but feel a little awkward when she saw him stare at her show of strength. "Oh well um. This is nothing. It's 150 pounds. A bit heavier when it's completely filled with dust." She gave a small grin down at him as she continued. "I'm pretty impressed you carried it so far. You have to be pretty strong huh?" Before she could continue she saw a bunch of the other students murmuring around her. Was she going to get in trouble? She never got detention before! She needed to get out f here fast. She began looking around nervously before settling her eyes on Juno.

"Hey ummm. Would you mind helping me get out of here? It looks a let less incriminating if I'm with someone else....We could go get coffee or something?" All her previous Bravdo was gone, leaving a nervous girl shifting around her weight between her legs. She could still feel people staring at her. Even though she was used to the feeling she still hated it. "I know I'm asking a lot but I would really aprecciate it.."

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 11:59:29 PM »
150 pounds.

This girl lugged around a weapon weighing in at 150 pounds at its lightest, and treated it as though it was nothing. Shouldering that thing, for the few seconds he had actually felt it, hurt like a motherfucker, and yet she could lift and twirl it around as though it were weightless. That degree of strength with as much control as she had was a feat in and of itself. Granted, he was talking to an apparently very self conscious woman towering above all else in the hall.

Shaking his head to clear his head of the absurdity of what he was experiencing, Juno looked between Mithra and the ever growing crowd, only to offer a simple shrug. "I don't see why not. I'll buy." He replied, motioning for her to follow as he began to move down the hall

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
Mithra perked up at his words, the fluffy ears on her head twitching in excitement. Maybe it was too early to say this but she was happy to make another friend! In her excitement she pulled the boy into a big hug, his aura being the only thing stopping his ribs from cracking. "Don't worry about it! It's my treat!" Without waiting for a response, she grabbed his arm and ran out of the shooting range. Of course she realized that they were stll on the grounds and her excitement was short lived.

"So ummm...Juno. Where do you want to go? I'm not picky at all. And I did drag you into my whole mess." She shifted nervously again before realizing she still had a grip on his arm."Oh!
 Sorry!"

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »
Juno didn't have time to react as he was suddenly pulled into Mithra's embrace, his body crushed by her arms and head forced into her chest. Had his aura been down, broken ribs would be the least of his worries, especially compared to a crushed spine and asphyxiation. Thankfully, as the girl squeezed the life out of him, Juno's aura kept him relatively safe from harm, if not pain and discomfort. The moment he was released, however, he was yanked by the arm and practically dragged out of the training room by the giantess.

When she stopped running, Juno took a moment to shake out the pain in his arm, stretching out his shoulder to ensure that it was still attached. She was... Really, really strong. Eyes flicking to her as she spoke up, Juno eventually answered, keeping any annoyance from his voice. "I... I don't have any preferences. So long as they have hot chocolate, I'm good."

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:04:09 AM »
Mithra laughed nervously, she wasn't really used to being in charge of...well anything really. "Well...If you don't mind theres this really neat little coffee near the shipping docks. I usually go there to relax." Her voice was filled with innocence as she excitedly tried to convince him. "They make everything by hand! Oh and they have their homemade hot chocolate too! Oh!" She suddenly reached into her bag and pulled out a book, her excitement growing as words seemed to pour out of her mouth. "They do this really cool thing, where you can borrow a book from them! And if you read the whole thing and bring it back they give you a free cup! I just finished this one so we can use that for your hot chocolate!" She reached out to grab him again, but stopped herself at the last second. She didn't want to hurt him. Even so that didn't change her excited tone. "Cmon! Follow me!" He didn't even have a chance to respond before she hurried off.

After a good 20 minute run they arrived at the edge of town. There was a small sign hanging out front of one of the buildings, showing a rather cartoonish looking faunus holding a steaming cup of coffee. Underneath, in simple painted lettering read "Cozy Caracal Coffee." Mithra happily held open the door for Juno. "You'll love it! I promise."

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 03:40:12 AM »
Juno was appreciative of the girl’s hesitance to grab him again, a clear sign that she was trying to control her clearly absurd amount of strength. She seemed dead set on this place, and if her excitement was worth almost removing his arm and crushing his spine, it had to be founded in some aspect of reality.

The place, as the shop’s name had suggested, was rather cozy, as though someone had crossed a bookstore with a coffee shop. Shelves lined the walls, each marked with a different genre, with several books missing. Juno paused as he felt Phi materialize on his shoulder, her attention drawn to the science fiction section. Not a second after she had made her appearance, however, Juno whispered to her, prompting her to vanish as quickly as she had come.

After soaking in the atmosphere, Juno took his spot at the tail end of the line, motioning for Mithra to join him.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 02:55:08 AM »
An older faunus with large thing ears standing straight up from his head smiled as the boy walked in with Mithra.  "Ah hello Mithra." With a warm smile ho looked over to Juno, quickly looking over the young hunter. "A new friend Mithra? In that case why don't two of you take that booth over in the corner. I'll be with you in just a minute." Mithra smiled and waved back at him, "Thanks Mr. Vera! I'll be at my usual seat!" Mithra smiled down at Juno and quickly led him to the back of the store. Somewhat hidden behind the large bookcases, was a booth packed into the corner of the store. Mithra slid down into the seat against the wall, a soft warm smile  as she looked out the window."I love the view of the ocean from here. That beautiful sparkling water against that big blue sky. It always makes me happy to see it. Resting her head in her hand, she continued to stare dreamily out the window for a few moments. "Oh!" Mithra suddenly snapped out of her daydreaming and quickly returned her attention to Juno. "S-sorry! I can space out sometimes..."

About a minute later the man Mithra called "Mr. Vera walked over to them, a pad of paper in hand. "I haven't seen you this happy in awhile Mithra." With a sly smile he motioned over to Juno. "Is this the lucky guy then?" A torrent of red rushed over Mithra's shocked face, barely managing to sputter out, "N-No! He's my friend!" Mr. Vera let out a small chuckle and put his hand on her shoulder. "You're still far to easy to tease." The Faunus girl said nothing, only giving a small pout in response. Mr. Vera let out a small groan and rubbed the back of his head. "Aww come on. Don't give me that face....ALright fine fine. I'll give you the regular, on the house.

With Mithra seemingly appeased, he turned to Juno. "Welcome to the store young man,
 I'm the Owner, Mr. Vera. But you can just call me Jotar. So what can I get for you?"

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »
Juno was quick to follow the tigress as she made her way to the window, his eyes still scanning the cafe. To say the very least, the girl seemed to have good taste in atmosphere. The place was rather easy to lose oneself in, as evidenced by Mithra's own spacing as she gazed out over the ocean. Not that he had been much more attentive, however, as her remarks had snapped him out of gazing at the expanse of shelves.

Not a second had passed after Juno had returned his attention to the girl when Mr. Vera strode toward them, notepad and pen in hand. Though it was already clear that Mithra visited this place often, her relationship with the supposed owner of the place gave him a decent idea of exactly how often. A light smile crossed his lips as the man joked about about the two, though Mithra's reaction tore his attention from any retort he could come up with.

Cute and good taste. Curious.

Juno offered his own chuckle as their exchange concluded, leaning back against his chair and turning his head to meet the Caracal faunus' line of sight. "Well, my date here has told me that the hot chocolate is phenomenal. I'd like to give it a try, if I may." he replied, flashing a sly grin toward Mithra.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
A bright red burned across Mithra's face as her red eyes widened in shock. "D-date??" She squeeked and quickly shook her had as Jotar let out a deep hearty laugh. "Calm down Mithra, it's just a joke." With a sly grin he watched her hide her face against the table. With a pat to the back of her head he returned his gaze to Juno. "I like you kid. First one's on the house today. I'll even throw in a little something for the good laugh." Mithra lifted up her head, a sad pout covering her face. "You guys are so mean..." Her normally perky ears drooped low as she clutched her bag to her chest. The sad scene was somewhat ruined by her immense sized, looking like an overgrown child. With a wave of his hand Jotar smiled at her "I'm sorry I'm sorry Mithra. I just like to have fun with my favorite customer once in awhile." The tigress' ears perked up once again. "I'm your favorite?" Being favored was unusual for her. While she was always noticed, people were usually too scared of her size, or her ability to constantly break things on accident, to ever really like her that much.The old Faunus rested a hand on her large shoulder, even a large man such as himself being comically undersized compared to her. "Of course! It was your endorsement that saved my business after all! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't thanks to you." A warm, genuine smile quickly crept across Mithra's face. It wasn't often she got this real sense of joy from being around other people. Before the other Faunus could say a word he was suddenly crushed in arms the size of his head. "I'd never want anything to happen to this place!I love it!" Jotar couldn't hlp but laugh as he managed to pry the Tigress of of him. Whenever she was happy Mithra's joy was almost infectious. "Allright allright. I gotta go get your drinks don't I?" He quickly brushed off his apron after escaping from the iron death hug that was Mithra before looking at Juno with a grin. "Be nice to her okay? She may be a bit rough around the edges but she's nothing but a sweetheart." With those last words he gave a quick bow and returned to the kitchen

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 01:00:47 PM »
Juno's grin widened as the giantess' face went beet red, her interaction with the shop owner warranting more than a chuckle. He didn't want to laugh outright, that would just be rude, but he was finding difficulty in suppressing it. However, the Caracal's comments regarding endorsement quickly stole away Juno's attention, prompting him to look the girl over. This place had to be somewhat costly to rent out given its placement and view, and while it was definitely a nice coffee shop, he could understand why such a place would be at risk of going out of business. However, the fact that Mithra somehow had enough of a public influence to keep this place on the map raised more than a few questions.

After giving his thanks toward Mr. Vera for the complementary hot chocolate, Juno turned back toward Mithra, his fingertips pressed together as he leaned forward in curiosity. "Endorsement?" he inquired, studying her features as though to double check if he had seen her anywhere before.