Author Topic: A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]  (Read 28081 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]
« on: February 17, 2019, 02:25:09 AM »
Iron is not having a good time. The very opposite in fact. Then again, when is he ever having a good time? However, unlike every other time, he had never felt this aggravated with his team. After all, his excellent leader had deemed that the relations within the team are not as strong as they should be, therefore they should spend some more time outside together in order to reinforce these bonds. Iron, being how he usually is, deemed the expedition a waste of time until Isabelle decided to make it mandatory for him. He tried his best to break free of the event, but his leader insured that he had no choice but to attend.

With that, Iron finds himself in the City of Vale after taking a bullhead out, waiting for his fellow teammates to show up. If he remembered correctly, Ayaka wasn’t planned to show up since she has a mostly cordial relationship with the team. On the other hand, Iron would admit that he isn’t exactly the greatest with human interaction, but he does feel that Lucina’s mere existence makes the team dynamics rather interesting for the rest of them. As he continues to wait, Iron would think about what he and his team should do for the day so that he can just get back home.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 11:04:27 PM »
The fact that she had to make Iron show up really did speak to the issues between them. There was never a particular instance that Isabelle could call back to as the cause. For whatever reason, they just didn’t get along. Neither of them were great with people, so it wasn’t all that surprising. All things considered, it could be worse. She had heard the horror stories from her sister of endless arguments and insanely petty squabbles, so Isabelle considered herself lucky. But even in Lyssa’s case, she at least spent time with her teammates and had some level of familiarity. Isabelle and Iron saw each other nearly every single day, and yet she barely knew any of his interests, hobbies or tastes. Teamwork was something they struggled with, and while wasting time in the city wouldn’t solve that, it was an important first step!

Belle had invited both Iron and Lucina to a day on the town. Whatever they might spend it doing didn’t really matter to her. She would have actually planned some things out if she had any idea what he would want to do… It was just more evidence that this was necessary, and all the more reason to invite him. Lucina had been asked to come along mostly as a backup, to salvage the day in case Isabelle’s ideas ended in critical failure and/or extreme boredom. Ayaka wasn’t interested in showing today, but unlike with Iron, they never had any problems communicating effectively.

After he had spent a few minutes of standing around, Iron would eventually notice the familiar faunus approaching him while greeting with a wave. Her outfit was as unfashionable as ever, plain shorts and a dark hoodie. As far as she was concerned, he wasn’t in any position to judge her wardrobe. ”Hey,” she called out with a slight grin on her face, stopping and standing beside him as she looked up. ”How much do you hate me right now?” Thankfully, she had spent plenty of time with people that didn’t want to be around her, so his indifference hardly fazed her.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 05:09:01 PM »
”Enough to want today to be over.”

With a deep sigh, Iron turns to face the short girl with a blank stare. It’s as if his face was stating “well what now?” and Iron was being very obvious about it. It seems like Lucina is going to be late unsurprisingly. It also seemed like his leader had no plans whatsoever. Iron sighed again - he’s sighing a lot actually, he should fix that - as Iron quickly gets on his scroll to see what they can do to get the day over with. Searching things up at a rather fast speed, Iron would look back towards Isabelle to voice his ideas for the day.

”Well, I am interested in brushing up on my archery skills, so I suppose we can make our way to a nearby archery range.” A brief pause as Iron looks back at his scroll to see what other options he can undergo to make the day go by faster. ”Or perhaps do what teenagers do and go to the mall. What’s your decision oh great leader?” Iron didn’t sound pleased near the end there, but Iron really didn’t care at all.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »
Iron’s gaze was met with an equally blank expression, the girl blinking a couple of times before shrugging. Getting this far was unexpected, so yeah, she didn’t have much to say. In her mind, Isabelle tried to think of any notable locations that were near their current position, but the only things that popped into her head were bars. She had never asked, but Iron didn’t strike her as one who drank for fun. By the time she had thought of the mall, he was already typing away, bringing up a couple of suggestions before she could.

”Archery?” the girl quickly responded, her face lighting up a bit. He had either intentionally picked something that she had great interest in, or his own plans just happened to align with one of her favorite hobbies. Well, ‘hobby’ would be an understatement; Isabelle had spent nearly every day of her life in the past five years shooting a bow and arrow, and when they eventually graduated, she intended to make a living doing exactly the same. Based off the way he phrased it, and considering that this was Iron, she highly doubted that the idea had been thought up with her enjoyment in mind.

”Let’s do that!” She had already answered with enthusiasm before she remembered that Lucina was going to meet them at some point, but seeing as that wasn’t happening right away, it wouldn’t be a problem. ”Oh, then maybe we could hit the mall? I definitely wanna do some shopping, and I don’t think Luce is into archery.”

Maybe it was a rude assumption, but she had never witnessed her teammate holding a projectile weapon, let alone shooting a bow. If they weren’t finished by the time Lucina got back to her about meeting up, perhaps Isabelle would get to see for herself.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 10:56:13 PM »
With a shrug and a non committal expression, Iron would quickly bring up the location of the nearest archery range on his scroll. Memorizing the direction they’d have to move in, the scroll would return to Iron’s pocket as he starts following the path he looked up. A few steps in, Iron pauses as he seems to have forgotten that he has a companion that’s supposed to accompanying him. Normally, Iron would just keep on walking, but perhaps being more courteous would get Isabelle to leave him alone. Iron slightly turns to Isabelle with a bored stare before speaking in a rather disinterested tone.

”Well? We’re supposed to be improving our relationship aren’t we?”

This is probably the only time Iron is going to act as inviting and warm with his team members just so he doesn’t have to deal with this ever again. This is also probably going to be the only time he’ll be waiting on someone. Unless it’s not the last time, which means he’ll have to deal with wasteful expeditions outside the academy later on. Iron internally shudders as he’s reminded of the worst case scenario of today’s outing.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:57:55 PM by NotSurprised »

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »
Isabelle followed along and walked beside him as he went, giving Iron a mildly annoyed frown after his comment. ”Yeah… That is why we’re here.” That wouldn’t be too easy if he kept acting so aloof, she thought. She had to remind herself that he was at least trying. Not only that, but he had come up with something to do that would be entertaining for both of them, and she couldn’t say she had done the same. While on that train of thought, it occurred to her that she had never seen his archery on display.

”I have to ask, how long have you been shooting a bow and arrow?” The faunus stuck her hands in her hoodie pockets as they made their way towards the destination. Small talk had always been something Isabelle was typically awful at, but it came to her easily with subjects she was passionate about. Part of her considered asking why he didn’t ever try one in combat, but it didn’t really need an explanation. Many weapons had more practical use than a bow, and Isabelle likely would have used a more efficient option herself if she were talented with anything other than that and a blade.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 12:46:44 AM »
Iron didn’t intend to tune out after Isabelle’s comment. It’s just that he didn’t like small talk, so he’d always automatically zone out for more important things. After all, it was a waste of time, and there wasn’t much to gain from it. Though, he supposes that he should at least attempt to maintain the conversation since he’s being forced to anyways. Luckily, Iron tuned back in right when his leader tried to strike up a conversation.

A brief pause as Iron ponders over the question his rather timid leader had asked. How long has it been since he last used the bow and arrow? Iron distinctly remembered entering competitions for it as a prized heir should, as well as devoting so much of his life to be the very best at it at the time. Perhaps three years of his life? Maybe four? Iron shook his head as he stops reminiscing of a simpler yet naive time. ”Three years, purely for recreational purposes if that was going to be your next question.” Iron resettles back into the quiet moment between the two.

Normally, if small talk was to occur (and he was forced to participate), Iron would never contribute any discussion of his own towards the conversation. However, as they continued to walk down the street, Iron realizes that there is something he wanted to know. He wasn’t sure how, but he somehow framed his question in a monotone and stoic way, yet with some hints of curiosity.

”Are these ‘teambonding activities’ as you call them really necessary?”
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:54:14 AM by NotSurprised »

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
Iron’s answer certainly surprised her a little bit. If he did three years of archery just for fun, he had to be talented at a lot of things. Perhaps his desire to focus on his own interests rather than associate with others had something to do with that. She would have responded to his question with another, if he hadn’t answered it immediately. That left Isabelle with little to follow up with, resulting in another period of silence. Luckily, he brought up an inquiry of his own. Despite the nature of the question, the faunus smiled.

”Mm, I think so. Whether we like it or not, we are stuck together. I don’t want it to be hard for us to communicate during that time. If we know each other better, it’ll be safer to make assumptions about what each of us might decide to do on the battlefield. That doesn’t only mean knowing about each other’s fighting styles, but personalities too.” Isabelle briefly paused, rubbing the back of her neck for a moment before her hand returned to her pocket and she carried on. ”... Or something like that.”

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 12:34:10 AM »
”... Hm. ‘Something like that’ you say?”

It didn’t sound like Iron disagreed, but it didn’t sound like he agreed either. Then, quiet took over the conversation as they made their way closer to the archery range. To be fair, Iron was pondering about Isabelle’s response. After all, was that really true? He was so sure that the team would suffice if they had stayed completely professional and offered the minimum necessary to be a functional team. At least, he hoped that they would all be professional. As Iron continued to think about the response, Iron realizes that perhaps he should offer more to the conversation.

”... If you wish to know more, I may be open to answering anything else.”

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 10:50:39 PM »
Progress was always nice, and it had come along a little smoother than expected. Perhaps she had overestimated how cold and unapproachable he was. Reading people wasn’t one of her strong points. Isabelle didn’t want to ask him too many questions as she wanted to be as minimal of a nuisance as she could. After all, she had certainly gotten on his nerves enough for one day. However, this might be a slightly rare opportunity.

”Since you sound a little, uh, skeptical about needing to hang out like this, I wouldn’t mind hearing your opinion on that. I know I kind of forced you out here, but if you truly think it’s a waste of time, I’d like to know why.” The shorter woman glanced up at him as she kept on walking, another question coming to mind. ”And I guess while we’re on that… How do you feel about everyone on the team?”

While knowing how other people viewed her often made Isabelle feel self-conscious, she at least felt comfortable enough with him in particular by now that it likely wouldn’t upset her regardless of what he said. Even if they hardly talked, they did see each other constantly.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 11:57:46 PM »
Hm. That was an interesting question that Iron did not want to answer. Well. Sort of. It would certainly get the faunus to leave him alone, but on the other hand, it can backfire and every outing will be made mandatory for him. While trying to formulate the perfect response, Iron spies that they are about to arrive at their destination. With not enough time to have an entirely appeasing response for his leader, half truths and a little logic will be his ticket out of the conversation.

”To begin with, this could’ve been circumvented if we simply acted like professionals and just discussed the issues together, then move forward. While this excursion…” Iron pauses as he tries to contain some of his annoyance, works, it’s simply opens up for more extraneous activities. Not only that, but for others like me, the mandatory attendance would have only soured the relationship. I’m currently humoring you for your sake and perhaps my own.” Iron maintains his blank expression and the monotone voice in order to not reveal anything else besides what he said.

Right after that reveal, they reach the entrance of the facility, and as Iron opens it up to hold it open for Isabelle, he seems to be concentrated on the short faunus’ latter question. After a short moment of consideration, Iron proceeds to answer it. ”Well. Ayaka is an excellent student and combatant, so she has all my respect. However, she seems a little too prideful for her own good. As for Lucina, to be quite honest, she strikes me as a fool and incompetent. Though I suppose she has her good points, what little there may be.”

If Iron’s face was relaxed at first, it is much more serious now as he goes on to describe his leader somewhat honestly.

”As for you, you are timid. Socially incompetent. Weak. Though, some of that had been proven wrong when you showed some bite and leadership...” Iron pauses as he tries to regather more of what he wants to say for the best outcome, ”... You have a good head on your shoulders. You are the leader, and we will listen. You… are trying your best for the lack of a better word, and I can’t fault you for that I suppose.” Strangely, it sounds like Iron was being utterly respectful but also utterly rude. Brutal honesty one might say.

Iron turns his attention back to the open door before sending an “inviting” look - he sucks at expressions, 100% - with a little quip.

”Well, are we going to hang out, as you would say?

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
The girl was silent, simply listening to what he had to say as they approached the facility. She didn’t totally agree with him that talking about it would work everything out. Not only had she given it a few attempts already, but she just wasn’t good at conversing like that. Bonding through activities and spending time together was much easier for her, and he was never one to take up her casual invitations to those kinds of things. Perhaps if she had simply been a little more persistent while not acting so demanding, he’d be more willing to come along. She made a mental note to consider both his and her own thoughts on the matter in the future.

His next set of answers wouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Iron and Ayaka had a lot in common. Much like him, Ayaka took Beacon very seriously and was definitely a little bit of a loner, if somewhat less so. They could certainly butt heads, but the two got along fine. Isabelle rose an eyebrow as he went on about the other girl, not holding back on his criticism. Out of all three of her teammates, Lucina was the one whose company she enjoyed the most. Unsurprisingly, she definitely didn’t agree with him, but she was having a hard time coming up with any sort of argument.

Isabelle had believed that she could handle his opinions on herself without it hurting, and she was wrong. She had told herself that it wouldn’t get to her, and now she felt foolish. That familiar feeling of dread and regret washed over her as he confirmed her own insecurities, her mood visibly sinking in her expression. All things considered, he had gone easy on her. She knew that. Of course, the bad things he had stated outweighed the good.

Many things ran through her mind that she had almost expected him to add on towards the end, even after he did no such thing. Procrastination. A drinking problem. Fear of attachment, as well as dependency. Extremely and utterly average. Unlike her mother, Isabelle no longer believed she was a waste of space, but she still had a long way to go. As she usually tried to when thoughts like these came into her mind, Isabelle remembered what her sister had so affectionately told her. ’Oh my god, don’t be such a pussy. Stop wallowing in all of that shit, and before you know it, you won’t smell it anymore.’ Lyssa had quite the way with words, and it never failed to entertain her.

’You’re overthinking it again.’

While she had looked a little down for a few brief moments, Isabelle eventually snickered, shaking her head. Stepping into the facility, she looked back and up at Iron with a slight smile after thanking him for holding the door open. ”Okay, fair enough. While we’re at it though- You need to lighten up a little more, okay? I promise I won’t force you to do anything like this again, but I hope you’ll just do it because you want to.” She started making her way for the front desk, beckoning him with a gesture of her hand. ”Now let’s have some fun.”

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
Iron spots Isabelle’s change in expression, and he’s pretty sure that it wasn’t a good one either. While he does feel a miniscule amount of regret for saying all of that to the girl, in the end, Iron crushes it since his honesty would be better for the faunus’ growth instead of lying and letting her be complacent. Iron didn’t really care for the brief moment of quiet they had after his response, being rather unsurprised when Isabelle seems to have gotten her act together and moved into the stadium.

With a quiet “You’re welcome”, Iron considers what the leader had said to him, especially about ‘lightening up a little more’. Well, consider would be the wrong word since it’s more likely to be an afterthought that Iron would not pay attention to. However, like he had said before, Iron would humor Isabelle for her sake. With that conclusion in mind, and not really caring to respond with an answer, Iron makes his way to the receptionist’s desk. Swiftly pulling out his scroll and bringing the facility’s app out, the familiar receptionist quickly inputs information into the computer in front of her before looking back up towards Iron with a professional smile.

”Welcome back Mr. Silvarious. Here to partake in fencing again?”

”Not today. Is the archery range open?” With a nod from the receptionist, Iron moves pass the desk and through the doors to reveal with inner parts of the facility.

Through the open doors, one would be met with a large stadium that houses an indoor track and field. It was very well maintained, with the stadium walls being adorned with various promotions of equipment, events, and even miscellaneous items like brand-name water. In the middle of the indoor field is various sections of different activities for what seems to be gymnastics and fencing. Looking towards the left of the track and field, there would be normal equipment for exercise, and moving deeper into the facility would reveal that there is private rooms to practice for some of the events hosted at the stadium. Off to right is an open archery range with the targets and shooting line properly spaced out and marked. Opposite of the two huntsman-in-training, there is equipment mounted to the wall that can be pulled off for use in the stadium.

Iron makes his way towards the equipment and starts to take off one of the recurve bows the two will be using. They seemed rather expensive with the rather pretty polish and how it had the additional attachments for competition such as sights and the center stabilizer. As he was taking the bow down, Iron frowns as he seems to be forgetting something. Soon after, the frown deepens even further as he seems to have remembered what he had forgotten! Iron puts the bow down as he quickly removes his lab coat to put on the chest guard and forearm brace over the rather tight sweater he had on. After that, he would quickly grab an extra of each and tossed them towards Isabelle, then gesturing towards one of the bows to see which one she’d be comfortable with.

”You’re familiar with the rules, correct?”

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 09:58:14 PM »
Isabelle stood idly beside him as he spoke with the woman behind the counter, curiously peering around the facility. It seemed much bigger from the inside than on the outside, that much was certain. All the while, she still felt her mind nagging at her with those bad thoughts, but she was in a decent enough mood to push them deep down where they belonged. The shorter girl waited with her hands behind her back until he started to walk again, following him to the archery range.

When they finally arrived at their destination, Belle was eager to take a look at the tools they'd be using. After taking the gear that he tossed her and fastening it onto herself, she skipped over to the equipment. Had she known that they would be doing this today, she would have most certainly brought her own bow. Overconfidence was a feeling that she almost never had, but when it came to her ability to hit a target with her own weapon, Isabelle was definitely a little too sure of herself. However, when she inspected the bows on the rack, she couldn't help but feel a tad bit out of place. One by one, she would pick a bow and test it out, pulling the string back before slowly returning it to its neutral position. As she did so, Isabelle responded with a shrug. "Can't say I know them for sure, but I imagine it's mostly common sense. Don't point at people and be careful. Anything else?" She continued along with inspecting a few different bows before finally settling on the one that felt most similar to her own. It wasn't exact, but a few arrows would probably be enough for her to calibrate her shooting.

"I never spent a lot of time in ranges like this. Most of my practice was either at school, or the woods near my old home." A little smile came to the catgirl's face, looking down at her feet as she recalled one of the few fond memories of that place. "I definitely don't do this anymore, but... I used to practice on small game before I moved into the city. Looking back on it, that was... a little messed up. I couldn't do a whole lot with the things I shot, and my mom hated when I brought anything home. I'm much better off killing Grimm than rabbits and squirrels anyway." Returning her gaze to Iron, she noticed his sudden lack of a lab coat. It wasn't often that she saw him without it, so it caught her off guard a little, but she didn't mention it.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »
”Of course, those are the common sense rules. I was referring to more competitive rules in term of archery, albeit however little there are.”

As Iron clarifies himself, he also gestures towards the targets that sport multiple colors representing the point values, as if it was used for actual competition before. ”In the case that you are not familiar with the rules,” and Iron didn’t particularly cared if she knew or not, ”A good refresher would be nice to get ourselves familiar with the activity.” Iron picks up the waist quiver with arrows as he starts to make his way over towards the shooting line. While doing so, Iron rolls up the sleeve on his right arm to reveal the toned yet scarred arm. He starts to extend and retract his arm to see if it retained flexibility before lining up with his left side facing the target.

”To state the obvious, which I hope you didn’t need since you’re familiar yourself, the goal is to fire all the arrows as close to the center as possible.” Iron begins to shuffle around on his spot in order to prepare himself for the shots ahead of him. ”There will be a signal for you to raise the bowarm and then fire the arrow before the countdown is over, then lower the bowarm with the next arrow ready. Thankfully, the range is outfitted so that a program would handle the signalling for an official proctor. Simple enough?” Iron pulls out his scroll and places it somewhere safe nearby, brining the app up and connecting it to their part of the range so that they can start with the activity.