Author Topic: Movie Night [Closed]  (Read 97 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Movie Night [Closed]
« on: December 01, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »
Helena squinted a bit, leaning ever so slightly closer to her scroll's screen. Sat at a table within the common area of Amity, she'd gotten wind of this edition's new rules. This'd made her look up what exactly happened last time around that would cause such new legislation to be implemented. And boy, had she found the jackpot.

Turns out that two years prior, several competitors had been injured with varying levels of severity - some in odd circumstances that were not uncommonly dubbed 'suspicious'. Her medical curiosity had been piqued and, after a quick search for the Tourney camera archives, she'd started to run through the various occurrences, attempting to observe, diagnose and treat the wounds she stumbled across - in a hypothetical fashion, of course. She wasn't exactly a time traveler.

While she was far less armed than she usually was when going on a mission (due to not being on a mission), Helena still has Seikatsu at her waist. Better safe than sorry, as they say. Add to this the VASTLY different climate of Atlas and she had coat and boots on her person, as well. Red laid atop her feet, largely hidden from curious passerbys underneath the table, while Kari was loosely wound around her neck, taking in as much heat as it could nestled between the warm skin and the insulating coat.

At the moment, she was flicking through several angles paused shortly before the occurrence of the first injury of the Vytal Festival held in Vale.
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CBLT (dead team)
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES (dead team)
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Definitely not Johnny"
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Night [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:46:52 AM »
Fights between people, even just for training purposes had always made Diana nervous so she avoided most of the tournament, only watching the ones that involved her team or close friends. For her, the main draw for the tournament was that it was taking place in Atlas, it was a free trip back home to spend some time with her family.

Compared to most people around her she seemed to have dressed with little regard to the outside weather, especially for someone who was close to just skin and bone. Wearing a simple sleeveless purple dress with seemingly only leggings to help against the cold. For someone who grew up poor in Mantle her baseline was certainly lower than most, however the main thing that kept her warm was a piece of raw fire dust that she wore as a glamour on a white choker. She had also hidden her weapon in a duffle bag she carried.

As she returned to the common area of Amity from a quick meal with her brother she got out her scroll to send a quick message to her teammates to let them know that she was back, seeing as they wouldn't be done for at least an hour or two she decided to wander until she found someone she recognized.

Finally she spotted someone she was familiar with at least, although they hadn't talked much directly they certainly had things in common so now was as good a time as ever. "Umm, excuse me Helena? Not sure if you remember me, I'm Diana from Dr. Sophos' practical medicine class, mind if I join you?"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:04:59 AM by Vision »

Diana Farran - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »
Walking around Amity’s common area with a massive bucket of popcorn, a very tanned cat faunus takes in all the sites and sounds of this year’s Vytal Festival.  The tournaments have always been exciting, and it looks like this year’s is turning out to be rather explosive!  There’s been a lot of collateral damage in the bouts already, whether it be from gravity wells, exploding swords, or even fire-tornadoes

The only thing that’s missing is someone to talk about it with, Toast mused.  Well, that and warm weather.  Nobody was dying of heat stroke in Atlas today, that’s for sure.  Unfortunately, the Vacuan faunus had come ill-prepared for the frigid temperatures, and he was forced to buy an overpriced Vytal Festival sweatshirt that he put on immediately, pulling the drawstrings as tight as they could go.  Between that and the thickest set of pants he could find, he pretty much looked like a hoodlum.  Some might have excused it if it was to hide his faunus features, but his tail was bobbing around behind him plain as day.  He’s just cold.

Cold and lonely.  Toast had heard he was supposed to be getting a team, soon, but hadn’t actually met any prospective teammates yet.  And considering Shade’s roster (rather, lack-thereof), it’s no surprise there weren’t many other Shade students around that he could talk to.  That’s no problem though, Toast doesn’t know the meaning of the word “stranger”.  All he needs to do is just find some people that look bored and—

He spies a girl sitting at a table looking at her scroll.  Perfect!  Everyone knows looking at your scroll is the ultimate sign of “please come talk to me, I’m bored out of my mind!”  Now, how should he approach this?  Show off with backflips?  Nah, this is a tournament filled with huntsmen and huntresses, that wouldn’t be too impressive.  Magic tricks?  That could work, but what should he use?  Should he go with the good ole’ card force, or should he go with some Lien shenanigans? Decisions, decisions…

As he’s pondering his approach, another woman walks up and begins talking to the girl at the table.  Oh, right, he could just say “hello”.  Why didn’t he think of that before?  After taking a moment to loosen himself up with a quick shoulder roll, he saunters up to the two ladies and says, ”Hi!” with a big bright smile.  ”Watcha’ doin’?” he asks innocently.   
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team BSSM
 "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
Helena took a second or so before realizing someone'd just talked to her, even if Red had raised his head when the feminine voice'd made itself heard. She shook off the momentary confusion and turned towards the source of the sound. Her face positively lit up, beaming sunshine everywhere in sight. "Diana! Of course I remember you!, she happily exclaimed. Scooting over to make some space on the table's bench, she continued with "Of course you can! I was just looking up previous injuries and trying to deal with them in my head."

Someone else may have had a slightly less glowing expression when talking about injuries, but Helena was not someone else. She placed her scroll on the table, between Diana and herself's positions, then activated the holo-screen, making the video pop out of the scroll itself and into the air at a the size of a decent laptop.

She'd barely settled into her new seat that someone else approached and said a bright, cheerful 'Hello'. Helena rapidly replied in kind. "Hello! We're looking at injuries in the previous Vytal Tourney and dealing with them ourselves! Sorta!"

Kari uncoiled a bit and peeked out of Helena's collar(s), wondering who and/or what was these new sounds close by, curious to see and smell those responsible.
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CBLT (dead team)
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES (dead team)
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Definitely not Johnny"
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »
Whilst, in reality, the pause before the response was tiny Diana's overly neurotic brain found plenty of time to twist it negatively and was desperately looking for a good way to escape. All of that was alleviated when Helena responded with what could only be described as blinding positivity. "Thank you" Diana responded trying her best to hide her internal thoughts and seem friendly whilst sitting down next to her. "Oh, I’ve looked at a few of those too. Some of them are just horrifying."

The holoscreen had barely been turned on before a third voice joined in, after Helena had spoken Diana figured she could handle the introductions. "Hi. I’m Diana, this is Helena, we’re both from Beacon. How about you?"

Once introductions were done she looked back to Helena and couldn't shake the feeling her necklace had just moved, absentmindedly she leaned in slightly to get a closer look.

Diana Farran - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]