Author Topic: Movie Night [Closed]  (Read 1663 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Night [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »
"Huh," is all Toast says as Diana explains a bit of her semblance.  Unfortunately, with the way she explained it, he imagined her as a literal battery being carried around by her teammates.  And then he thought about her being hooked up to a battery.  And then he wondered about the logistics of how she was hooked up to a battery.  And then Toast decided to think about something else.

"That's more useful than my semblance," he says, "Mine's just a big, orange bubble.  Don't pop it though, it'll sting a bit."  He shoves another handful of popcorn in his mouth.  Now that he thinks about it, the world's a big place, and there's a bunch of really cool semblances out there.  He idly wonders if there are people with identical semblances out there.  Maybe there's someone with a semblance like his?  Nah, that's impossible; Toast is one of a kind.

Looking over at the other faunus in the group, Toast raises an eyebrow.  "Ya know, stayin' quiet over there isn't really doin' much for the whole 'totally-not-a-maniac' thing you got goin' on right now.  I mean, if you don't at least give me a name, I'm just gonna have to start calling you 'Killer'," he jokes. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Haven 4th year and the Hermit of Team (TBD)  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 02:10:08 AM »
"Gray. My name is Gray. Also I'm not crazy." Despite his weapons being away Gray still had his wolf ears perked up to catch any sound. He was evidently still on high alert.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
"Well no.. or at least I haven't been able to figure it out, it might not be possible for them to maintain an aura without having their own unlocked. So for now at least I have to be in contact with them for as long as it would take for my aura to heal their wounds, which is certainly impractical for most things beyond scrapes." She pocketed her scroll making a mental note to check if any contact info had been added, not really a pressing issue at the moment.

Diana was a bit concerned by how on edge Gray seemed, however it didn't take long before she found a plausible reason to empathize with him. He was a faunus in Atlas after all. Her heart sank at the many implications that might have for the newcomer "We were just a bit surprised, no harm done, it's nice to meet you Gray."

Diana Farran - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
Helena intently listened to all participants, a shadow of a smile floating on her lips all the while. Diana's semblance sounded like a great support role, more so than her own due to its Aura-related nature. Toast's semblance piqued her curiosity a bit but momentum prevented her from asking him to elaborate on it.

Somewhat thankfully, the discussion ended up rolling back towards the newly-christened (as far as Helena's knowledge was concerned) Gray, allowing her to talk about what had been on her mind. "Say, Gray, I think I was listening to a video on speaker when you came in.", she said as she opened up her scroll again and thumbed her way to the video title. "Do you think you could've been hearing the gunshots from this video?" she finished asking as she showed him her scroll's screen.
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES (dead team)
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Definitely not Johnny"
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »
"See, that's exactly what a crazy person would say, though," Toast jokes at the newly christened Gray.  Judging from his posture, Gray still seemed to be on-guard, like he was still expecting something to go wrong.  Is he always like that?  Must be a pain to always be on the look-out, Never getting a chance to catch your breath and feel safe.  In an attempt to lighten the mood, Toast asked the other faunus, "So, any of the fights this year catch your interest?  I know there was one guy who got slammed into through a tree, and that was pretty cool."

When Diana tries to further explain her semblance, Toast pipes up, "Wait, that sounds super inconvenient.  Wouldn't it be faster to just unlock their aura and let them heal up on their own?  Actually, now that I think about it, why don't we just do that?  Feel like the survival rate would go up if we did...,"  It works in the desert, at least.  Wouldn't it be safer if people had whatever the hell aura is to protect them?  Seems like common sense to Toast.

When Helena shows Gray the scroll, Toast peers over his shoulder to get a look for himself.  When he sees the video title, he comments, "Hey, wait, isn't that your name?"
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Haven 4th year and the Hermit of Team (TBD)  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »
"The 2nd year rounds. Shows how much better we can get." Gray replied quickly to Toast. Then his attention was brought to the scroll. He didn't say anything but his physical response told the story pretty well. His entire body tensed up and his face twisted into a snarl. He looked about ready to start lashing out again.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime